Dr. Muhammad S. Tahir
Child Adolescent & Adult Psychiatrist
Sunday to Thursday 8.30am - 12.00pm
Dr.Tahir was working as Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at New York Presbyterian Hospital, The University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell New York USA.
Dr. Tahir had his Adult Psychiatry residency training at Columbia University New York affiliated Creedmoor psychiatric center and his Child & Adolescent Psychiatry fellowship at Weill Cornell University Hospital New York.
Before coming to Dubai, Dr. Tahir was working as Assistant Unit Chief and Leading Multidisciplinary Treatment Team at New York Presbyterian Hospital Westchester Division.
Clinical Experiences and Special Interests
- Acute and chronic mental illnesses,
- ADHD, Schizophrenia,
- Bipolar disorder,
- Autistic spectrum disorder (PDD),
- Major depression,
- Eating disorder,
- Oppositional defiant disorder, Conduct disorder,
- Other psychotic disorders, Impulse control disorders,
- Anxiety disorders,
- Panic disorder,
- Phobias, Obsessive Compulsive disorder,
- Conversion disorders,
- Tic disorder,
- Physical Symptoms of Mental Illness,
- Substance abuse and others.
- Individual psychotherapy,
- Cognitive behavior therapy approach, Family therapy,
- Couple’s therapy,
- Using playgroup approach for young children,
- School Consultation,
- Leading parents guidance groups,
- Social skills group for Children.
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Board Certified, American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Adult in 2004 and certified in 2015.
- Doctor of Medicine, The University of the State of New York, USA, August 2004
- Bachelor of Science, The University of Punjab, Pakistan, 1992
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, Allama Iqbal Medical College, Pakistan, 1988
- UAE – DHCC: Licensed as Specialist Psychiatrist by Dubai Healthcare City since 2011
- UAE – DHA: Licensed as Specialist Psychiatrist by Dubai Health Authority in 2012
- Licensed by University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan in 1988
- Licensed as Doctor of Medicine and Surgery, New York in 2004